Tuesday, February 08, 2011
Thursday, January 06, 2011
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Sunday, July 04, 2010
Slick and I just got back from our motorcycle ride to the Blue Ridge Parkway and Stone Mountain Park in NC. We started about 9 am and hoped to beat the heat. Our ride took us from home and west on highway 421. We followed highway 421 to 21 North. 21 North took us up toward Stone Mountain Park in NC. We enjoyed that park of that ride. 21 North allows you to start enjoying the nice country roads and has very little traffic. We didn’t stop at Stone Mountain Park because we had driven our car up there before. After passing the park entrance continued to head north on 21 until to we got to the Blue Ridge Parkway entrance. It was a great day to ride. There were motorcycle and old guys driving their classic cars everywhere. We saw all types of bikers. Here is the route we took.
We always enjoy riding the parkway. Slick came up with a good ideas to pack a picnic lunch for us. That was nice. We ate some awesome P&J sandwiches and chips. She also made us a nice chocolate chip cake too. We had our little snack, enjoyed the scenery and laid on a blanket on one of the overlooks and enjoyed the day. It has been a long time since Slick and I just relaxed in the park. As a matter of fact, the Blue Ride Parkway was the first place we went on a date over 28 years ago.
After our picnic, we headed west through the park. Our exit out of the park was 18 south toward Wilkesboro NC and back to 421. It was a about 20 south from 18 to Wilkesboro. The ride was nice. We went through several some towns and enjoyed the scenery of the wide open farm lands.
One we got back on 421, we headed south back toward home. By that time it was getting a little toasty, but Slick hung in there. The ride took about 4.5 hours. It was a great way to enjoy park of our 4th of July weekend.
If you get a chance check out the route. We plan to do it again. Of course we want to stay longer.
Until next time and remember to not be so busy making a living you forget to make a life.
Saturday, April 03, 2010
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
1. The only good view of a thunderstorm is in your rear view mirror.
2. Four wheels move the body; two wheels move the soul.
3. I'd rather be riding my motorcycle and thinking about God, than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle.
4. Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 75 mph.
5. Midnight bugs taste just as bad as Noon time bugs.
6. Sometimes it takes a whole tank full of gas before you can think straight.
7. A bike on the road is worth two in the shed.
8. Young riders pick a destination and go; old riders pick a direction and go.
9. When you're riding lead, don't spit.
10. Catching a yellow jacket in your shirt at 75 mph can double your vocabulary.
11. If you can't get it going with bungee cords and duct tape, it's serious.
12. Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
13. (Bonus) I've never seen a Motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist's office.
Enjoy the ride!