Monday, June 26, 2006

Heading to Mayberry

Have you ever heard of Mayberry and the Andy Griffith Show? If you are from the south, I know you have. Did you know the show was based off of a little town in Mt. Airy NC? Well it was. So in the spirit of Barney, Slick and I plan to head to Mount Airy this weekend to check it out. They actually have a time of the year there that you can get the full feel of good old Mayberry. That happens in September during Mayberry Days.

The trip is about 45 miles from my home. So it will make an excellent short day trip on the bike. Of course I plan to take a few pictures and I may post a couple of them.

To find out more about Mt. Airy and what is has to offer, check out
http://www.visitmayberry.com/

It should be fun and of course they have BBQ there at Aunt Bee's place.

Until then, happy riding!

Pappy

No comments: