Sunday, May 11, 2008

Nice Short and Expensive Ride Today

Jordan and I took a little trip Saturday morning down to the Cycle Center in Asheboro NC. Originally all I planned for us to do was to ride down there (just to be riding) and check out if they had any new goodies. Well, they did. Actually all I was looking for was to buy a $5.00 pair of motorcycle sunglasses. Well, that didn't happen. I ended up buying about $125.00 worth of goodies, that I planned to buy at the Wing Ding in Greenville SC in July.

I ended up buying the chrome trimming from my side view mirrors, knobs for my console and kill switch and the new chrome arrow decals for my saddle bags. I really like the chrome decals because they really set the bike off and break up the empty solid spaces on the saddle bags.

After getting all my goodies, Jordan and I went across the street to a local Cookout and got lunch. Afterwards we headed back toward home. Once I got home I decided I wasn't done riding around. So, I parked Big Red and jumped on my little VLX600 Honda Shadow and headed to the movies to see Iron Man (good movie). Afterwards, I rode it to a local park and went for about an hour long walk.

It was a nice day to ride. The temperature was in the mid 70's with a slight breeze. It was perfect. However, I do need to watch going down to the Cycle Center too often. I have already scoped out my next purchase. It will be new exhaust pipes for about $170.00.

Until next time and enjoy the ride!

Pappy

No comments: