Sunday, April 22, 2007

VA Trip Today!

Today Slick and I went on one of our regular trips to VA to eat at Wendy's. No, it is not that the Wendy's aross the border in VA is all that great, but it is an excuse to ride. So we took it. After a little snack at Wendy's we headed east on highway 58 east to Danville VA. Once we got to Danville we headed back on highway 29 south toward home.

We did make a couple of stops. One was at a rest stop and information center as we crossed back into NC. There we saw couple of Harley riders. The two riders were from Wilson NC and it looked like they had been camping for a few days. They were going to head to WV but they had heard of a bad motorcycle accidents and they decide to avoid that area. One guy came over to me and looked at Big Red and said that was a really pretty bike. He also thought it was new. I must take good care of it because a lot of people think Big Red is new. Also at the rest stop I had 2 other people stop and said they thought the bike was beautiful. One guy also said that is one really red bike. I like that because it make it unique.

As we left the information center we made 2 more stops. Both of them were at Slick's favorite hangout, Walmart. Of course, I didn't go in. Those that know me know I hate to shop unless it is at a motorcycle shop or on the Internet. Even at Walmart, I had people stopping to look at Big Red and made comments on the bike. Once dude walked from 3 rows over just look at Big Red and said, dude that is once nice bike.

After the 2 stops at Wally World we headed toward home. Slick was in the mood for a shake so we headed to Archdale to have a shake at the Cookout Drive Thru. We hung out there and watched all the Harley's stop in at a place across the street called the "Bandana". It looked pretty cool. Oh yeah, even at the Cookout a couple in a mini-van stopped and asked me about Big Red. He asked me what it was. I told him it was a Goldwing. He said he wanted to get he and his wife one. Of course, I said you should. Hey everyone should have a motorcycle, right?

Finally, we headed home and the ride was done for the day. It was a great 80 degree day, lots of sun and plenty of motorcycles were out and about. I finished up the day with washing and polishing Big Red. All in all, it was a great day and the rest of the week looks great too as we prepare for our trip to Spring Fling in TN on Thursday. Can you say "Road Trip"?

Until next time and enjoy the ride!

Pappy

No comments: