Monday, September 01, 2008

Big Kevin is Almost a Biker

Sunday Slick, Jordan and I took a little trip back near to my hometown. The purpose of the trip was to get a little bit of riding in, but mainly to visit my brother-in-law Kevin and to let him ride on Jordan's Honda VTX. Kevin just recently got his motorcycle permit. However, he has one minor problem; he has no bike. As you can imagine that kind of gets in the way of the whole motorcycle practice thingy.

Anyway, Jordan took his bike so Kevin could practice a little. Actually, I felt sorry for the guy. He has a nice little pretty permit and no bike. Heck, I felt so bad for him I thought of getting him a Big Wheel or something to ride before we left him that afternoon.

Okay, back the bike practice. Once we got to Kevin's house I had Kevin mount up on Jordan's mean machine and I had him follow me on Big Red. I took him on 3 types of roads. One was through some nice curvy roads near his home, through a small town and then interstate 40 so he could pick up some speed.

Kevin did very well. I told him he just needed to get some practice. Oh yeah, having a bike would help too. Below are some photos of Kevin on his way to his first solo practice on the open road. It is just too bad he plans to buy a Harley (Hey, I can only do just so much).

Below are some action shots of Big Kevin on a real bike:





Until next time and remember life starts at the end of the off ramp.

Pappy

No comments: