Thursday, December 28, 2006

Searcy Arkansas Bike Shop Visit

Well, we had a good Christmas visit with Jordan and Delta. We went to Arkansas to visit them (not on the bike). While I was there I bought some nice chrome shark gills for Big Red. It really made a nice change to the plain appearance of the bike. My next few purchases over the next couple of months will be the chrome lower front crowl, chrome rotor cover for the front tire and some fog lights. After that, I should be almost done with the bike except for the lights lights for the luggage and trunk. That will come in time because those assessories aren't cheap.

Jordan and I did get a chance to visit the bike shop in Searcy Arkansas. They do have a nice bike shop there. There were a wide variety of bikes there. It seemed that there wasn't as many bikes there as the last time I was there. I imagine there will be more there when the weather gets better around spring time. I was a little disappointed in the clothing selection there. It seems that you can't find a nice bike shop that has some Goldwing clothing. I guess I will have to order clothing off the web. I can do that around spring time when the weather gets better.

There were some nice trikes in Searcy. I counted 6 nice trikes. They also had a couple of new 2007 wings there too. Those looked nice. I really liked the new look of the tail lights on the 2007. They actually look like car tail lights.

Speaking of 2007, it should be a pretty busy time for riding. Not counting the mini rides that Slick and I plan to do, we have the upcoming trip to the beach in June. Most of the people going will be driving down there. Boring!! I plan to ride Big Red. Also, in July, our Goldwing chapter is planning on a ride to Ohio, for the Honda Homecoming. I am really looking forward to that. Right now, we are just waiting on the dates for that trip.

Until next time and enjoy the ride.

Pappy

No comments: