Sunday, July 01, 2007

Great Weekend Ride

Today Slick and I headed out for a nice ride in the country. It was a great day to ride. The temps were in the low to mid 80's and low humidity. It was great. We road for about 220 miles and were gone for about 4 hours. As part of the trip I took Slick to the old Liberty road which is a really nice road to practice some tight turns. She hadn't been on that road before. So when she told me she wasn't ready to go home, I decided to take her for a ride on the curvy roads. She seemed like the road even though she didn't said word during the turns. I know she was nervous but she did great.

We also stopped for gas and we had a few people come over and took a look at Big Red. A couple fo guys came over and said they it was a nice bike and as usual, they asked if the bike was new. They could not believe the bike was 3 years old. Slick even heard a couple talking about the bike as they walked into the store. The lady said she liked the color of the bike. The guy stated the back of the bike looked like a car. Slick and I thought that was kind of funny.

After our trip, we headed back home and I cleaned up Big Red. It was nice to take the bike out and enjoy the day with Slick. I really enjoyed it because it has been about 3 weeks since I got a chance to ride. Thankfully, I will be home for a few weeks and can enjoy the trips again. I am really looking forward to the trip in the middle of July when I head off to the Smokie Mountains and who knows where else I will be go on the 5 day trip.

Until next time and enjoy the ride!

Pappy

No comments: