Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Dudley Gets a New Toy…Smokey

Well, Jordan (AKA Dudley) got a new ride this weekend. He and I headed to the Cycle Center in Asheboro to look at bikes. When we arrived we happen to see the same bike that we both thought was a great deal about 5 weeks ago. The bike was still there and I thought I would try to grab it before someone else did. It is a nice gray Honda VTX 1300. The bike was such a great buy because it had a lot of the accessories that Jordan wanted already on the bike. So last Saturday I bought it and this past Saturday Jordan and I went to pick it up.

Jordan was a little nervous about riding the bike from the Cycle Center so he asks me to ride it first. It was a nice ride but man is that bike loud. Everyone can hear you roaring down the road. It ran great and had a lot more power than the Honda Shadow Jordan was riding before. By the way, guess who will be riding the little Shadow now. That’s right, good old dad.

Anyway, after leaving the Cycle Center I rode the bike back to the house. Jordan was getting a little ticked at dad because the thought I was having too much fun riding the bike and taking my sweet little time getting back home. Of course, he was right.

Once home, Jordan and I took the bike over to a local parking lot for Jordan to get the feel of his new toy. He adjusted to the new bike just fine and now is enjoying his need freedom on ‘Smokey’ (he hasn’t given it a name yet, so I thought I would for now).

So next time you hear a loud roaring steal horse riding though you neighborhood, take a look, it may be Dudley cruising through. Don’t forget to wave, he most likely will not be able to hear you.

Below are a couple of photos of Jordan's new ride:


Until next time and enjoy the ride.

Pappy

No comments: