Sunday, February 10, 2008

Ride to Chesterfield South Carolina

Yesterday was a great ride with my son. Jordan and I took a trip to Chesterfield SC. Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing in Chesterfield but it was a good excuse to ride. Plus, it gives Jordan bragging rights that he visited another state. That is 3 now that he has ridden in since he started riding if anyone is keeping count (NC, SC and VA).

Jordan and I headed down highway 85 to highway 109 at Thomasville. We rode most of the way on 109 until we got to Wadesboro NC where we jumped on 145 South to the SC border. There it gave Jordan an opportunity to snap a photo proving he really did visit SC.

When hit the southern part of NC and into SC you could tell those areas were pretty poor and basically there isn’t crap there, except for good places to ride motorcycles. Once we got into Chesterfield we found a Sub place to get. The food was okay but the place was a little nasty. It even had flies in the winter time in the place. Now that is pretty bad.


Once we ate we cruised around Chesterfield for about 5 minutes. I did mention there was nothing there, right? Next we jumped back on 145 north and back in to NC. Of course, Jordan needed a photo of that state sign too.

After the photo, we headed north to highway 74. Once on 74 we headed east to jump on highway 220 and then 73 west to Troy NC and highway 109 north. There Jordan wanted to stop and get his photo at a sign that he thought was kind of cool, so we did that. It also gave us a break and a chance to snap some other photos.



Next we headed north through the Uwharrie National Forest. There is not much there except it is a pretty big area and has some great 2 lane roads to ride. We also snapped a picture there too.


All-in-all the entire trip was great. I got to spend quality time with my son and he got to enjoy riding Smokey. Actually, he didn’t complain too much. He did say it was ticking him off that I was cruising down the road listening to the radio and CD’s and using my cruise control. Actually, I told him he needed to not ride beside me so much because his loud bike was making it hard for me to hear my music. He also whined about not having cruise control on Smokey and his hand was cramping (what a whiner). I think his next purchase will be cruise. He will need it before we head to the beach and to Wing Ding in South Carolina in July.

Overall we rode 250 miles. I enjoyed the ride and I hope we get to have many more in the future. Good times!

Until next time and enjoy the ride!

Pappy

No comments: