Monday, June 02, 2008

Johnny "Pops" Cooper Passes Away

It is sad to post this entry on my blog but I feel I need to. This Sunday an old biker friend of Slick and I passed away due to a motorcycle accident that killed him and his nephew. Both were returning back from a "Region N" rally. The details fo the accidents is very limited. We do know that Pops was not struck by another vehicle but the bike did leave the road. No one knows the cause of the accident but we do know he and his nephew were traveling alone.

Pops was a good friend. He was like our old grandpa that was quite and very friendly to Angie and I. He was loved by many and he will truly be missed. Below is a photo of Angie and Pops. Pops was giving Angie a ride on his trike about 2 years ago during an open house event at the Cycle Center in Asheboro NC.

Remember, be safe out there. We will miss you Pops.

Pappy

No comments: