Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sunset Beach 08 Trip

Last Saturday Slick, Jordan and I took off for our yearly trip to Sunset Beach in NC. We usually take the trip with family and friends. This year we went with my brother-in-law and his wife, Kayle (their grand daughter) and Justin and Molly (Jordan's best friend since childhood).

The trip started off with most of us heading from our home in Jamestown NC. Jordan and I rode our bikes and the rest road in boring, air conditioned vehicles. Jordan and I had a pretty good ride. The trip down to the beach was a little toasty. We got into some stop and go traffic in Rockingham NC. There were road crews painting lines. It was about 92 degrees and like I said, it was a little toasty. It was kind of funny. At one point Jordan said he had never been as thirsty as he was sitting in the traffic and all that heat and humidity. Angie was trying to help. She keep trying to give us water, but the traffic keep her moving too much for her to get out of the car to give us the water. I know some people were feeling sorry for us while others just sat in the their boring cars and laughed. That was okay with me, I was enjoying the sun shine, getting a tan and saving gas (at least that is what I kept telling myself). After about 4.5 hrs we arrived at the beach house. It wasn't too bad and the trip down to the beach was only 215 miles.

Once at the beach we had set up our schedule of events for the weeks. Most the time the girls wanted to lay on the beach and baked and later went shopping. The guys did the other cool stuff. We played golf at a par 3 course on Monday. It was Kevin and I against the young guns in golf. Of course, we lost. But hey, it was fun anyway. We also lost to them in mini-golf later in week, but we will not talk about that.

On Wednesday the guys went Skeedoing for about an hour and that was fun. It was Kevin's first time on some Skeedo's and he did great. After Skeedoing, Jordan, Justin and I prepared for the most exciting part of our trip. On Thursday we scheduled our first ever skydiving adventure. All of us have wanted to do that for a long time. So we scheduled it and it was awesome! It was so much of rush and it takes you a couple of hours to come down from the rush. I was the first to go up. Jordan and Justin followed. If you ever get a chance to skydive, do it. Life is too short and don't say I have always wanted to do it, just do it. Set and date and do it. There is nothing better than traveling/falling at 120 mph for 30 seconds. Justin, Jordan and I plan to make skydiving part of our trip ever time we go to Sunset Beach in NC. We also plan to use the same instructor, Stew at Skydive Coastal Carolinas. He made us feel so comfortable and was a great instructor. Below are some pictures of our skydiving day.


On Friday, I full filled a promised to Jordan. I got my first tattoo. Jordan took the before and after photos of tattoos and me getting it. I like it and with any tattoo, it has a story behind it.

On Saturday, we headed back. The week's weather was very nice with a few showers in the afternoon. On our ride back, it was not hot like it was on the trip down. Jordan and I got to enjoy rain about half of the trip as we headed back home. Most of the rain was at the beginning of the trip. At one point we had to pull over to put on the rain gear because the clouds were really looking bad and it was lightening . We actually had to seek shelter for about 30 minutes because the rain was so bad and there was some flash flooding. But hey, that is what traveling on a motorcycle is all about, right. You have to deal with what is up head, right?
All in all we had a great trip. We put on about 500 miles on the bikes and had a great time.

Until next time and enjoy the ride!

Pappy

No comments: