Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Big Red and VTX Upgrades

This weekend was a nice relaxing one. I did a little riding but best of all my son Jordan and I had some upgrades made to our bikes. My upgrade included having my new Garmin GPS mounted and hooked up on Big Red. I have always wanted to have a GPS system for the bike, since I enjoy getting lost so much. My Garmin was purchased about a month ago but I had to have an electrical plug installed in the left pocket of the bike. So, as always I went to my trusted biker buddy Craig for the upgrade. Craig can do just about anything on a motorcycle. He installed the electrical plug for the bike in about 20 minutes and my GPS was ready. Actually had don't most of my upgrades to Big Red. Below are a couple of photos of the new GPS.

Afterwards, Craig started working on Jordan's VTX. His upgrades included have a new ignition switch put on the bike. Craig had no problem with that. The fun part was when the VTX was going to get a new backrest. There was more to putting on backrest on a cruiser and it was the first time Craig ever installed backrest on a cruiser. Craig had to basically take the whole seat apart to install the backrest (now I see why not a lot of cruisers have backrest). Once the backrest was install, Jordan tested it and loved it. It looked pretty nice too. Jordan wanted to get a new backrest because he heads to the beach in 2 weeks. Now he is set. Below are couple of photos of Craig and Jordan installing the switch. You can see the backrest too.

Craig did a great job on both bikes. I tell everyone I know if you have a bike that needs anything installed or repaired, Craig is the man and I trust him more than anyone with my Goldwing. He is good with VTX's too. He can fix just about anything.

Until next time and remember, don't be too busy making a living you forget to make a life.

Pappy

No comments: