Sunday, February 11, 2007

Fighting the Winter Blues

Well, I have been gone for 3 weeks and I haven't got to ride in over 2 weeks. I hate that. Usually, winter isn't too bad for me. But, since I now have a motorcycle all I want to do is ride it. Of course, old man winter likes to prevent that when he can.

Today was the first time I have ridden in over 2 weeks. The highs got up to about 45. I took off from home around 1 pm. I decided to go do some practicing at the GTCC parking lot. I needed to practice some of the skills that Greg showed me. I could tell I was a little rusty. But in about 30 minutes I was doing okay. I got a little bored with the parking lot practice and decided to do about a hour drive on highway 62 and 421.

I then returned home to pick up Slick to go get a bike to eat. I could tell I haven't ridden Slick around in a while. I was REALLY rusty and it took be a couple stops to get use to riding her again. She could tell I was a little rusty too. After a while I was okay but did realize I am not the type of person where riding a bike is natural for me, yet. Of course, I will get better in time. Heck, I have only been riding for 9 months. I have a lot to learn and I need to practice every opportunity I get.

Tomorrow the high temperature is going to be around 60 when I get off work. Of course, I will be riding in the morning. I need to get in the miles when I can because on Tuesday, the bottom is going to fall out and we are expecting highs of in the low 30's the rest of the week. There is a good chance I will ride the rest of the week if there is no wet weather in the forecast. Hey, I can always dress for the cold, right.

Until next time and enjoy the ride!

Pappy

No comments: