Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Shadow and Big Red Updates

Well, I got the Honda Shadow back out of maintenance thanks to my buddy Craig. He is a life saver and good friend to have. He has helped me so much with the Shadow and Big Red. I got the Shadow back last night around 8 pm. I had to ride it home. It was dark but that wasn't the kicker. It was raining a little and I did not take my full face helmet or glasses. So of course, I got the crap beat out of me from the rain. I learned a good lesson there. Either remember my helmet and glasses or take Craig up on borrowing his glasses when he offers them.

The Shadow is now ready for sale. I have already placed some ads in the local classifieds and I will be positioning it in various locations to see if anyone is intested. I figure it will go fast because it is an excellent first bike for anyone. I know it helped me to learn to ride.

Speaking of riding, I got to ride Big Red to work today. It was the first time I have ridden it in about a week due to all the rain in the area. Tomorrow Slick and I plan to ride Big Red to our chapter meeting in Archdale. We are going to ride this weekend since I have to head out of town for a week. I hate that!

Friday, I plan to go to Asheboro to pick up my windshield (it finally came in) and my chrome for my saddle bag and trunk lights. Those will be cool to have to put on before our ride to Ashville in 2 weeks for the "Wings Over the Smokies" event. Craig said it will be a huge event and Slick and I are looking forward to that. We are also looking forward the our chapter's beach trip in October.

Life is good!

Until next time and happy riding!

Pappy

No comments: