Monday, January 08, 2007

Great Reading!

Man, did I hit the jack pot! A couple from our chapter recently sold their bike and trailor and will no longer be a part of our group. Of course they will be missed and we wish them the best. As part of their departure from the Goldwing family they asked if any one was interested in all the past issues of the Wing World magazines that they had collected. Of course I jumped all over that offer. They were giving away all the issues they had and some of them were as far back as 1998.

So yesterday I picked up the box of Wing World magazines and dropped them in front to Slick. Those of you that know Slick might not be aware that she loves to read. So she grabbed a bunch of the magazines started reading. She was really getting into reading the stories of others trips. I never thought I would see the day when my wife would be reading motorcycle magazines. She won't admit it but she has the motorcycle bug.

Later in the day, Slick and I took a break from our day and started reading the magazines together. We shared the stories that we read and plan to give the magazines to others that may want to read them too (after we read them first, of course).

In closing I just want to say thanks Jay for the great collections of magazines. You have made mine and Slick's day. Actually, you have made our weeks to come. It will take us that long to read all the magazines. But that's okay. We are up for the challenge.

Until next time and enjoy the ride!

Pappy

No comments: