Friday, July 07, 2006

Daily Ride to Work and Upcoming Trips

I rode Big Red to work today. Riding it into work was fun. I had no problems with stops or any sharp turns. I got a lot of comments on the bike. Everyone had 2 comments. They said it was a very nice bike and it was BIG! A couple of people sat on it and said it was very comfortable.

Later today I plan to ride it around the neighborhood before I head home. Overall, I feel very good with how far I have come in riding motorcycles in the last 2 months. Considering, I never rode any motorcycles before then. Even Slick has never ridden a motorcycle before and soon she plans to get her own license. Way to go, Slick!

Slick and I do plan on practicing some more over the next couple of days. I have to get ready for our trip for the “Wings over the Smokies” trip in August. That should be a blast.

Slick and I are also planning a nice 250 mile round trip to Boone and the Blue Ridge Parkway in the next month of so. That should be a nice trip. There are a couple of long country roads on that journey that will be a blast to venture on and bypass the interstate 40 mess. We will also be able to swing by to visit the family too, if we decide to stop on the way home. I am looking forward to that trip too.

Until next time and happy riding!

Pappy

No comments: