Monday, July 03, 2006

Slick Rode Solo!

Sunday was a pretty special day for Slick and I. We took the Shadow out for breakfast at Denny’s. Afterwards we went over to the GTCC parking lot. Slick wanted to try to ride the Shadow. We went over to the parking lot and she got all dressed up in my protective jacket. I could tell she was a little nervous, but she still got on the Shadow. The Shadow is a little bit bigger bike than the one she practiced with one day during her motorcycle course. So I could understand how she felt because I felt the same way when I first set Big Red up.

Anyway, she got on the Shadow and we went over some of the basics from the class. She put the bike in gear and started to take off. But as we all did when we started riding a bike for the first time, it stalled. Actually, it stalled several times. First she got off and said it was too big of a bike. Then I could see the determination in her eyes. She refused to let the bike kick her butt. So she got back on. After stalling a few more time she finally got the Shadow rolling. And rolling she did. Actually, she said she was going to ride for 10 minutes. Well, ten minutes turned into an hour.

I was so proud of her. She did great! Of course, she is hooked and now calls the Shadow…her bike. I see her getting her own licenses in the next few months. She is ready to practice again and I see us visiting the GTCC parking lot pretty often in the next few weeks.

Here is a picture of Slick on the Shadow. She looks like real motorcycle momma.



Slick on "HER BIKE"

Until next time and happy riding!

Pappy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh well, you can always just stick to riding Big Red...Bill

Anonymous said...

Moms riding Solo!!! She is a regular Hells Angel!