Sunday, July 23, 2006

Slick Rode with Me Today!

Today I rode Slick on Big Red for the first time. I was a little worried about riding a passenger since I am still a new rider and getting use to riding a motorcycle myself. After practicing on Big Red a few minutes Slick asked me if I was ready to take her for a spin. So I thought, yeah, why not? So she put on her stuff and we took a few trips up and down our favorite parking lot. Then I started practicing the stops and wide turns with her. Then we worked on the tighter turns. I was really amazed of how much I didn’t feel her on the bike. One reason is the bike is big and designed to hold passengers. Another reason was that Slick is a great passenger. She sat up close to me, made no sudden adjustments on the bike and leaned when I leaned. Like I said, she was a great passenger. The plan now is for me to practice a few more hours with her one more day. Then we plan to take a mini trip down to Lexington and back. Soon we will be heading to Lenoir NC to visit family and friends. Our next real trip will be the “Wings over the Smokies” in September. Now, that will be fun!

Until next time and happy riding!

Pappy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are having alot of fun. Im happy for both of you.